Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Consider this a continuing apology for the next month or so.

For those of you who are still/started reading, my thanks.

And a request for patience: several years of social media usage have instilled in me bad habits, not the least of which is a certain...insouciance for composition and editing.

[My French-speaking wife will appreciate my noun choice on that one, I think.]

Anyway, between that, getting used to the Blogger interface and getting my mind in a place where I can string together a coherent paragraph without expecting a near-instant dopamine emoji hit, things will be a bit choppy.

As in, expect to see a lot of editing. 

I'm not trying to memory hole anything. But I am learning that trying to express myself in something more akin to essay form is not something you can just flip a switch and seamlessly begin again.

2 comments:

  1. Been there. My ability to string together coherent paragraphs has always been more than a little on the dicey side and I'm still not trying on long stuff, at least for a while.

    Just glad to see you back, big dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it's good to be back and see you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...