Monday, June 16, 2008

Well, that's cast rather a pall over the evening.

Still digesting last week's Galactica mid-season finale. "Revelations," indeed.

Jay didn't like it.

He's right about it being rushed--it is. "Thank" Sci-Fi for that one, a byproduct of the pressure put on the creative team having one season to wrap things up. It still packed a powerful punch, though--thanks to the groundwork laid by the fine performances of the cast regulars.

As to the rest, I'm going to reserve final judgment until I see how it fits into the remainder of the episodes. My Much Better Half bought me Season 3 for Father's Day and I am sure I am going to like it more upon further review, as I have the rest of the series.

Remember the Pythian mantra--"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again." And the Razor prophecy, too. Which is way accusations of "PC" that I have seen around the net are especially anachronistic.

My initial impulsive review--I liked it. I especially liked the horrified reactions of the not-quite-Cylons-anymore--particularly Leoben, who has gradually changed from a Loki-ish pseudo-mystical trickster into someone more genuinely benevolent. And Michael Hogan as Tigh deserves an Emmy, if that benighted awards bestower could ever dig itself out of its chick-show monomania.

Oh, and now I am no longer sure who the final Cylon is. Doc Cottle is a recent theory that makes a whole lot of sense to me, but I'm not going to rule out Baltar any more, either.

The worst part about the whole thing is that I have to wait until weather is routinely described with "wind chill" before I get to see the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...