Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Best Forgotten Teen Flicks of the 80s.

MSN offers its list and a better poll here.

Of their list, I saw only The Last American Virgin--and I rather liked it, including the ending. Much more realistic than most. Then again, I was an oft-bitter, dateless nerd in high school, so YMMV.

The poll is better, and I saw three of those:

Real Genius, which my Much Better Half regards as the Citizen Kane of the 80s;

Lucas; and

Three O'Clock High.

I liked the other two well enough, but the last was a classic, High Noon for the Ferris Buehler set. The opposite in resolution from TLAV, it's just one of those great nerd underdog flicks. If you haven't seen it, see it. Unjustly forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...