Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Belated D-Day Anniversary Post.

I meant to post a link to this last Friday, but circumstances intervened.

I had the honor of visiting Sword Beach in September 1989, and met a grateful Frenchman, who gave us a chilling example of what the French were being liberated from. Also, one of my doctors was a Ranger who fought at Pointe du Hoc. Thanks to all who served and serve.

Don't miss your chance to thank these men--they are inexorably passing from our midst. Last year I had the opportunity to thank an Anzio veteran for his service, and I'm glad I took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...