Thursday, March 24, 2005

Eight little words. Eight heartbreaking little words.

Just before going to sleep last night, my eldest asked:

"Daddy, can I have a drink of water?"

With a catch, I said "Of course, honey."

I wonder how many times Bob Schindler got up at night to get his little girl water. And now a band of total bastards says that's "illegal."

Should people ever try to do this to one of my children, may Almighty God have mercy on them.

For I will be inclined to apply their standards of "mercy" instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...