Thursday, March 24, 2005

Good Friday.

I have no idea if I'll blog anything else before Easter. I'm exhausted, to be honest. I guess we'll see.

I'm going home to hug my family and pray.

Without changing the subject, I'll leave you with a book recommendation: Death on a Friday Afternoon, by Fr. Richard John Neuhaus. A remarkably devotional turn for a public policy-minded priest, it is a meditation on the Seven Last Words of Christ from the Cross. Disregard the controversy on "universalism"--Fr. hasn't gone all goo-gooey on us, though I will admit that the chapter in question is complex.

The book is a very thoughtful contemplation of the importance of Good Friday, and why Christians can't skip past it to the Resurrection.

We are a Good Friday People first.

If the past week hasn't driven that home, I don't know what will.

Take and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...