Friday, May 04, 2007

Hmm.

That's an eye-opener.

My reaction? It explains my exclusion from his blogroll. That, and my overheated rhetoric, probably.

More seriously, there's nothing to react to--the issue's closed, as he says. Authority issues from the previous weeks are cited, but I have the same reaction to that as I do to Rod Dreher's doctrinal arguments--not really convincing. Then again, if they were convincing, I couldn't, in good faith, be Catholic. He's always been an honest man, but there's more going on here, and hints of that show in close reads of his recent postings. Further I won't speak.

That's because the man remains a decent human being with a family, and some members are in shock right now.

In other words, don't be jerks about this.

Prayer is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...