Friday, May 11, 2007

Christening a boat.

Franklin Jennings has a fun request:

I don't suppose you'd be disposed to inviting your readers to suggest names for boats? I'm in the earliest stages of designing a small motorcruiser and I thought since you have the funniest bunch of guys on the planet, I'd like to get some suggestions for boat names. I'd prefer some sort of funny or witty name that suits a small yacht built by a trad. An in-joke for Catholics or something in Latin. That sort of thing.

Since this is the home of the funniest guys on this orb, let's pony up, shall we?

My thoughts:

English: The Barque.
Carpathia (just looking for a good vibe).

Latin: Beatus Vir.
Res Ipsa Loquitur.
Beatus Navis Bellarium.

Let's not let the man down, lads and lasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...