Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ah, the Price kids.

(1) Maddie was reading Dr. Seuss' Hop On Pop this afternoon, and breezed through until the end. The next to last pages have the following rhyme:

My father can read big words, too.
Like... Constantinople
and Timbuktu.

Madeleine came up to Heather and said (I kid you not):

"I know Constantinople, but what's this other word?"

(2) The Boy™ likes to watch me play Rise of Nations on the PC. As I was trying to decide which nation to play, he asked "Are you going to play the Romans?" The cursor happened to be highlighting Rome at that moment.

I've never doubted in the slightest they were mine, I just never expected confirmation like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...