Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Absolute shock.

I knew Matt. Lost touch with him at least 15 years ago, but he was a member of our former parish. His son was an altar boy at our wedding. I heard vaguely that Matt had hit a rough patch--but not this rough.

And he just took his life in horrific fashion. Fortunately, no one else was hurt.

I can't believe the guy I knew would knowingly decide to take people with him.

I refuse to believe that. 

But I could be wrong. Depression is a mental prison that teaches its inmates all the wrong lessons.

May God have mercy and grant his troubled soul peace.

 

[Update: his son is pushing back hard against the claims of depression and suicide. I fervently hope he is correct on all counts. Here is hoping that the investigation is thorough.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...