Monday, November 02, 2020

November 3, 2020.

I am not an election prognosticator, nor do I play one on television. So I am not going to make any guesses as to the winner.

What I can predict is that the supporters of the losing candidate will be bitterly disappointed and not inclined to accept the results.

I fear an enduring crisis of legitimacy, with all that entails. 

Which is one of the reasons my wife and I have been praying an evening rosary for days now. Every night one of my prayer intentions is for peace in our nation.

I am asking God, because it will take Him to bring it to us.

2 comments:

  1. I am astonished at the number of "educated" "adults"

    who fail to understand the basic political fact

    that you need all sides to accept the integrity of the electoral process

    if you value continued elections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corollary: fiery invective against the other side for failing to take your impeccable integrity as a metaphysical given...

    ... does not persuade re: said integrity of the process.

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...