Monday, November 09, 2020

I haven't watched a live down of Lions football this season.

But I have been watching the third season of Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia's live-action role-play as Real NFL GM and Head Coach from afar.

It's nice to not squander three hours of my lifespan on Sundays in autumn.

But even from afar, I am growing more surprised by the Ford family's inertia when it comes to this festival of incompetence.

I haven't been listening to much sports radio, either, but when I do, the sentiment is clear.

Remember when Frodo claims the Ring after Sam urges him to cast it into the fires of Mount Doom? The film version.

Poor Sam cries out in anguish: "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!"

Then Frodo smiles his possessed smile and keeps the Ring.

The Ring is Quinntricia.

Sam is the fanbase.

Frodo is the Fords. 

Apparently Gollum won't appear for another five losses, minimum.
 


2 comments:

  1. Lion fans should have to skip Purgatory since they've already served their time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dale: Before I became Catholic, I described being a Lions fans as the equivalent of 16 weeks in Purgatory.

    After I became Catholic, I was somewhat surprised by how apt that analogy was...

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...