Friday, August 28, 2020

Post 168.

This is my 168th post of 2020. 

It's significant because that makes this annus horribilis personally noteworthy for one reason.

Namely, it's the most blog posts I have put up since 2009.

It's no coincidence that I opened my Facebook account in late 2008, and soon found I couldn't split time. 

Now, the value of this current stream of posts is definitely de gustibus, but here they are.

And since I can't leave it on a purely self-indulgent note, I will offer something more valuable.

Namely, a picture of the depiction of Christ from the great Ravenna mosaic cycle:


My youngest daughter did a presentation about Byzantine art last night, and she used a print-out of this mosaic of Christ from the Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo as an example of the Empire's artistic glories. 

At least one of them is interested in Dad's peculiar historical fancy. 

Nika!

8 comments:

  1. Are you an Eastern Catholic? If so, which Rite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus, a comfort in a troubled world. Thanks Dale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You are welcome! Glad some are finding value still.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. [Tips cap in gratitude.]

      I'm also happy with the trade. The dopamine withdrawal has been much less "Trainspotting" than I thought it would be.

      Delete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...