Wednesday, August 17, 2011

All is not well.

The muse has left me temporarily, at least.

More to the point, I've been undergoing some difficulties of late. Fortunately, none directly involve the family, who are all hale and hearty, and my marriage to the wonderful Heather is rock-solid.

But, unanticipated financial difficulties, brought on by what seems to have been truly bad advice provided to us, appear poised to bite me on the ass. The stress is unpleasant, and unremitting.

Your prayers, good thoughts and the like are welcome.

8 comments:

  1. Very sorry to hear it, Dale. I will add you and your family to my daily intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord have mercy upon you, Dale. We'll add you to our intentions.

    We're grateful for the intercession of Our Lady of Prompt Succor. (For some reason the site where we found the novena is unavailable currently, but Google still shows a cached version.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Dale!

    I'm glad you and your family are well. I will pray for your financial problems to be satisfactorily resolved.

    Sincerely, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...