Monday, April 09, 2007

"I don't know what a 'Hollaback Girl' is, but I want her dead."

The below YouTube is one of the funniest parodies I've ever seen. Full disclosure: my wife and I may be the only two people in St. Blog's who have seen Alanis Morisette in concert twice. Once at the Fisher and the second time at Pine Knob (I refuse to call it by the utility company name). And while I can take or leave a good deal of her music, she's really good in concert--none of that over-produced, hiding-behind-the-backup-singers, huffing-like-Darth-Vader-live for our Alanis (she's an American citizen now).

So I didn't know what to make of the following at first--but it is legit. It's Alanis Morisette, and she's eviscerating one of the most putrid tunes of recent times, the "Proud to be a Ho" anthem, "My Humps." By slowing it down and giving it a downbeat feel, she obliterates it. And not a moment too soon.

[Warning--the lyrics are offensive, juvenile and devoutly stupid. Which makes the parody all the more enjoyable.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...