Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm pretty damn tired of seeing good people buried this year.

Two funerals in two days. The first for Christina, and the second (today) for Viola Elizabeth Murphy, the remarkable mother of the remarkable entrepreneur quoted here. I am proud to say I know the Murphys, and in one of the truly great moments of my legal career, I represented Nikole in a lawsuit. A retired schoolteacher, Viola was a thoroughly kind and decent woman who let my kids get away with lesser felonies when she saw them. Prayers for the Murphy family are welcome indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...