Friday, October 02, 2015

Nope.


My first reaction was "Oh my God, no!"

That remained my basic reaction for hours.

At least until Obama mentioned Australia as a model of gun control in his posturing conference last night. Since Australia's laws included the confiscation of firearms...yeah, then I started to think he might want to take my guns. It's not the first time he mooned over the laws Down Under, either.

And right on time, Hillary Clinton chimed in that the Supreme Court was wrong in Heller.

So, yeah. I'm thinking they want to take my guns. They sure don't seem to be suggesting other alternatives.


4 comments:

  1. You picked a great time to leave Facebook, that's for sure. If posting those Ed Hochuli fallacy memes were a workout, his biceps would be twice the size they already are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's been a good break. Plus, I'm bleakly amused by the fact that there's zero pushback against the anti-Christian sentiment which motivated [damnatio memoriae].

    Let me see if I have this straight: you want to continue to demonize me *and* take away my ability to defend me and mine from the growing army of hate-bots you are programming?

    Screw that and them. My response to the demand for "solutions" is the tallest finger on either hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that. I appreciate that many of them are now being fully honest with actual calls to repeal the 2nd altogether. I haven't owned or fired a firearm in over 20 years but I'll stand with the NRA every day and twice on Sunday as long as people like that inhabit this country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't even get me started on those who want to compare gun owners to baby killers.

    It really seems like they want a civil war in this country. I'm just getting very curious as to how in the world the unarmed left is planning to fight it.

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...