Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Family reunion.

We spent the extended weekend up north. The Prices had a family reunion at my mom and dad's on Saturday. I spent most of the time attempting to separate beloved relatives from their money in cutthroat poker games. Alas, I merely broke even and my uncle Norm walked out with pocket change to last a lifetime. The kids had fun chasing panfish with their second cousins. Heather was congratulated on bearing up with the Newest Addition. Heather also witnessed a miracle yesterday: me spending an hour in a bookstore without buying anything. It even spooked the weird cowled guy riding a white horse down M-59. Kept checking his wrist and muttering "Am I late?"

We returned late yesterday, so I'll be trying to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...