Tuesday, June 27, 2006

If you're going to spew, spew into this.

The gastroenteritis bug spreads--I spent two and a half hours at the urgent care clinic with the two oldest. Yep--Maddie's come down with it now, and Dale's firing from both barrels, so to speak. Rachel has so far been spared. The floor and paint work have been postponed, of course.

Prayers for the kids and my wife are appreciated. Don't forget Heather--if she gets sick, the household goes down in flames.

Meanwhile, some housekeeping, in response to the comments:

(1) Christina had a post surgery relapse (a fistula developed), but is home now and on the road to recovery.

(2) I forget that I have Philadelphians who visit. I should learn to speak more slowly and e.nun.ci.ate, but I'm an insensitive lout by nature. Here's the dread Saginaw Blessing, which I have experienced first hand. It's also discussed at Amy's, including the legalistic tergiversations employed to protect it.

(3) And this is just cool--you can now build your own 1/5 scale, fully--and I mean fully--functioning Sherman tank. It's in the same rarified category of cool as the Lego Babbage Engine, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...