Tuesday, October 07, 2003

"This is not my team. This is not my team..."

I repeated to myself as the Red Sox roped me into cheering for them last night.

Yeah--that's exactly what I need--to add the Sox to my portfolio of teams looking to win a full-blown championship in my lifetime: the Lions and Wolverines ('97 had to be shared with Police Blotter U, which still infuriates me).

Thanks, Bryan. Then again, Grady Little's decision-making seems to be influenced by Madame Blavatsky's House of Tarot, so it might be easy to resist in the end.

Congratulations to the Sox and their fans, several of the latter being St. Blog's members in good standing.

One more thing: Death to the Yankees, the epitome of all that is evil.

Please note that I did not limit that to sports.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...