Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Space aliens are more likely to wonder why Neil deGrasse Tyson assumes they would think like him.

Dude needs far more time in the lab and far less on Twitter.

I heartily recommend the latter: after a three month experiment, I deleted my own Twitter account. 

The fun parts (following Spanish language accounts to help my reading comprehension) were outweighed by the insanity. Some well-grounded folks can handle it.

I myself cannot.

Anyway, the sad part of Tyson's tweetstorm (there are more in the same dull vein) is how it illustrates how wonder and imagination are dying among so many. 

And when those go, empathy is not too far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...