Monday, September 28, 2009

"I've got goosebumps!"

That was the quote from the Home Depot employee helping me out yesterday after I told him about the victorious Detroit Lions.

Let's repeat that--the victorious Detroit Lions. For the first time in nearly two full calendar years.

For the past eight years, I have been like Pacino in Godfather III--"Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!"

Who am I kidding? I listened to the last quarter and a half on the radio.

Today, they rewarded me.

It's too early for hope, but not too early to enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...