Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A question for the New Year.

I hope yours was and remains a happy one, not so by the way.

For the musically-inclined with a deeper knowledge of Catholic music (Aristotle, Matthew especially welcome):

Is there the equivalent of a good Palestrina box set out there? If not, any other recommendations? One of my presents was a one-CD compilation of various of his works, and I'm happy to say I'm hooked. More remarkably, so are the kids, who appreciate it much more than I could have imagined. I think the harmonies have sucked them in, but no matter. Anything to show them that their musical heritage is not limited to corporate picnic karaoke...but I digress.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Ditto on the works of Olivier Messaien, too.

Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...