Thursday, October 23, 2003

Personal notes.

I drove over 500 work-related miles today. Puts a crimp in the blogging.

Not that I've felt much like it since I got the word late yesterday:

My little brother Doug's heading to the front lines. As in Baghdad. His new Guard unit's getting the mobilization order shortly. He'll be on the ground by February. Nothing quite like a conversation with your flesh and blood where you discuss executing a will--and I've got three years on him. For all the turmoil (he'll be called up for 18 months), he's fine. My sister-in-law, much less so, and my mom--not. He's got three kids as well, so prayers for his family are in order. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...