Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Just for the record....

Should I ever be incapacitated, up to and including what some hack doctor might view as a "persistent vegetative state," it is my firm wish not to be starved to death.

My wife, Heather, also desires not to be starved to death under these circumstances. [This may not seem like sufficient evidence on Heather's behalf, but even though I'm not a guy banging some tail on the side who stands to profit from the demise of the woman I promised to love, honor and cherish, till death do us part--that should be enough. It was for Mr. Schiavo.]

It may be strange to say, but I don't in fact know of any of my friends or family who have ever expressed a desire to be starved to death under any circumstances.

Hope that's "clear and convincing" enough for the judicial system.

May God have mercy on us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...