Friday, September 19, 2003

Mine is the superior geekiness.

So Zach Frey asserts. And I'm going to prove him right with this post.

Did you know that the theme to Star Trek: The Original Series had lyrics?

I didn't think so. For the sordid reason why, go here.

If you didn't know that, you also don't know how truly, completely, absolutely and unequivocally godawful they are.

I'm posting them right now.

Last warning. If you have a full stomach, get a bucket: puke will be exiting at warp factor 7.

Here they are, dire gems from the pen of Gene Roddenberry:

Beyond
The rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me.


Even the hippie Spock would have blown a gasket at that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...