Monday, September 21, 2015

One further note.




I expect to write about church matters very sporadically, if at all. I've said all I can say, and there are few left to be persuaded. 

Strike that: there are few left who can even be spoken to.

While it's hard to believe after the Conciliar Gospel Hour dropped no-fault quickie annulments on us (note especially the pernicious et cetera), 


October's Vatican 2.5 may prove a rude shock to some people, and maybe then it will be worth broaching again.

Other than that--screw it.






2 comments:

  1. I had hoped my alarm over the direction the Church seemed to be headed would ease. It has not and this is not helping. I think the water is starting to heat up.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike in KY (who used to blog...)Friday, September 25, 2015 at 9:11:00 AM EDT

    Agreed. Of course, I just read a certain article about a certain Cardinal Danneels so I'm a little more depressed about the Church than I usually am.

    Keep your powder dry.

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...