Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Who knew that underneath that pretty red hair was a red neck?

Heather used to be into Bon Jovi, Depeche Mode, Cyndi Lauper, Duran Duran. Still is, to some extent.

Over the past year, though, my wife has been bitten by the country music bug.

Her current favorite non-Toby Keith song features these lyrics:

She thinks my tractor's sexy
It really turns her on
She's always staring at me
While I'm chuggin along
She likes the way it's pullin' while we're tillin' up the land
She's even kind of crazy 'bout my farmer's tan
She's the only one who really understands what gets me
She thinks my tractor's sexy

Okey.

It's still better than Tim McGraw's "Indian Outlaw," which is a stench in the nostrils of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...