Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tim McCarver, come back! All is forgiven!

Lou Pinella and Steve Lyons are making the Cards backstopper look like Ernie Harwell.

I don't think I've heard a more squirm-inducing sports broadcast in years. It's turning into performance art, lacking only chocolate pudding, quotes from Chomsky and government funding.

[Update: Originally, I said McCarver was a HoFer. Oops. Chris called me on it.

In my defense....




...er....





Give me some time--I'm thinking, I'm thinking....]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...