Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Blogs for your perusal.

1. Jeff Culbreath has pulled up stakes, both in the real world and on-line. His new blog-home is Hallowed Ground. Go--visit. There's something worthwhile everyday, even if you've already read what's there.

BTW, keep doing business with Minuteman Printing. I passed out a couple of business cards recently, and the reaction to the parchment cards was, and I quote, "Cool."

2. Frequent commenter Yurodivi has Der Gottesnarr. I understand that's German, and that's certainly topical these days. Prod him into posting more often.

3. Finally, I stumbled across Marcus the Bard's place. He's British (always a plus), but even better, he describes himself as an "Old School Gamer -- AH, SPI, SJG, Classic GW, OD&D/1e AD&D."

Translation: "Avalon Hill, Simulations Publications, Inc. [I said I wouldn't cry...], Steve Jackson Games, Classic Gamma World, Old [or "Basic/Expert/Companion/Master/Immortal"] Dungeons and Dragons/1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons."

Further translation: "Hail, Fellow Geek--I salute you!"

I'll go so far as to say that we may have been separated at birth.

All of the above will be blogrolled when I steel my stomach for work on the ol' template again.

[Update: Marcvs is not British, but he's a New Yorker who lives in Britain, which is still cool. He also notes that Classic GW means "Classic Games Workshop" [a legendary British gaming publisher], and OD&D means "really old--as in Chainmail old--D&D." As in worth several hundred dollars a pop "really old." However, he does not entirely discount the separated at birth theory.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...