Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Prayers for Edward Kennedy.

A malignant brain tumor. That's what killed my grandfather.

Yes, I know--I have my problems with Ted Kennedy's career and behavior, too.

But he's also a terminally ill old man in his 70s, and several someones' father and grandfather.

As the man leading the Rosary at St. Aloysius today said:

"O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen."

Last time I checked, I remain in need of the same mercy. And so do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...