Courtesy of the offspring.
(1) Rachel is developing her own singing style. Unfortunately, it can be best described as The-Wiggles-Meets-Motorhead.
"La-baaa, la-la-GAGEEEEARGEEAAAAAAADHAAAAAAA, la...."
(2) Oh, and she can identify bulldozers--"Buda-budas." Drives D3 nuts--he's a perfectionist when it comes to the identification of heavy machinery.
(3) Speaking of Trip--he's becoming quite the rebutter.
Me: "OK--time to go outside to play."
D3: "I have a better idea--how about we do something else?"
(4) Oh, and like all boys, his "Why" chromosome is showing. As in "Why?" after every explanation.
"Son, did I ever tell you the story about The Boy Who Asked Too Many Questions?"
(5) I don't know if these fellows have any retail products, but if they do, buy.
They are the engineers working on a road project up the street. Heather took the kids up to watch, and one of the engineers gave D3 the company baseball cap right off his head.
He's wearing it everywhere.
Thanks, Black & Veatch.
(6) Maddie's sense of decorum is somewhat trying of late. If she relays a fact in your presence, but you don't know it's not for you, she lets you know. In the heavy, accented tones of tried patience:
"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Rachel."