2005's Toy from Hell has arrived in stores: "Shout Elmo." Here are the specs:
• Plush Elmo sings & dances to another classic song: Shout!
• Your child is sure to want to join Sesame Street’s red furry friend as he grooves to this easy dance tune
• Suggested minimum age: 18 months
• Suggested parental medication: 800mg of ibuprofen, chased with generous shots of Stolichnaya
• Requires 3 AA batteries, included; 15Hx6Wx12L"
OK, so one of those specifications is my creation--but it's still strongly recommended. The good news is that it appears to shoot the gap between Dale and Rachel, being too much a baby toy for the former, and too involved for the latter.