1. Dom's brother John had a heart attack. He's stable and conscious, but prayers are still more than welcome.
2. As much as I hate to disagree with Tom Fitzpatrick about this one: Bp. Trautman is right.
Make a note of the small print--that may be the only time I say that. When the memorial acclamation begins, the consecration has just been completed. Hence, Christ is present on the altar, and the acclamation is more than a little dissonant with that sublime fact.
On the other hand, I can wholly endorse his post on the Battle of Breed's Hill, which occurred 230 years ago today.
3. Patrick O'Hannigan found this gem of a post by Amanda Witt entitled Raising Men. Amen and bravo! Make sure to read her links, too.
4. Start reading the Donegal Express, if you haven't already.
5. Zach and Greg have answered the book quizzes.
6. By the way, don't let Zach's friendly web persona fool you. As I learned recently (on the birthday, no less), he is profoundly, deeply evil.
That's because he pointed out....
[Well, for the benefit of Stirling-philes on this blog who are subject to Almost Certain Temptation, I must advise them to stop reading this post now.
READ NO FURTHER! I IMPLORE YOU! RESIST!
FOR YOUR OWN SAKE, TURN BACK NOW!
THIS MEANS YOU, CHRISTINA!
that the final sample chapter of The Protector's War was made available online. That's it--nothing until September 1, 2005. With the ending of Chapter 10, you'll understand the metaphysical depths of Mr. Frey's perfidy.
7. Happy belated birthday shout-outs to a couple of my mid-Michigan homies and occasional reader/commenters here: Bryan and Chris, both of whom are exactly my age.
Feeling old yet? I sure am.