Wednesday, May 04, 2005

It's my party and I'll blog what I want to.

Or: There's an Unretraction coming.

I once told someone that I didn't believe in pretending I didn't write something.

Oops.

About that retracted post...

There were parts of it I genuinely liked, and parts of it that were filler (must. blog. something. today!). That led me to be pretty ambivalent about it, and I yielded to the temptation to violate what is a fairly sensible rule.

The proper approach would have been to sleep on it, because that would have led me to the position where I am today--revise it.

But the general tenor of it will be the same--parenting in this day and age is tough enough without someone doing a cut-rate, un-Inspired, blurry xerox imitation of Jules Winnfield in Pulp Fiction:

And you will know my name is THE LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

[As opposed to "Jimmie, this is some serious gourmet..."]

Anyway, that's where it stands. Call it wishy-washy, dissembling, whatever. At this point, I could not care less. Since I don't have immediate access to the post, I don't anticipate having it up before the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...