Saturday, November 01, 2003

Catholic Explanation Corner.

I uncorked the term "apostasized" during a discussion of a buddy's rather ill-advised decision to start rooting for the Michigan State Spartans today.

In my house, no less. I had the last laugh. Silly Sparty. Heh, heh, heh....

Still, the term drew a "what the-?" response from the non-Catholics in the room. I deserved that.

Well, here's the explanation of the term, based as it is on the word "apostasy."

I now return you to your regularly scheduled sporting event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...