Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Prediction: There won't be any sports this year.

Coronavirus hits the Detroit Tigers.

Granted, athletes tend to be younger and fitter, and from what we have seen thus far, shake this off with comparatively small difficulty. 

Plus, it's baseball, which has built-in distancing and limited contact between players.

All that said:  

Between the schedule ramdown and the apparent spread among athletes across the sporting world, I just don't see any sports returning to action this year. 

2 comments:

  1. The resumption of the PGA tour would like to have a word with you.

    I know, you're talking about the big four. But I personally have lost so much interest in the big four that I'm happy as long as golf continues. They did have one player test positive, but it looks like they are chugging along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. And it's a pretty big money sport.

    I waffle back and forth on watching it--I don't remotely watch it on a regular basis. But the times I have are burned into the brain.

    As to the Big 4--I live in metro Detroit. There's nothing to miss right now.

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...