Friday, June 12, 2020

Another reason to love the Upper Peninsula.

One of its counties is the last place in the State to have no coronavirus cases.

I have thought about moving up there--the startling beauty, a place that puts up a "Closed" sign on Saturday afternoons, hearing the winds roar through the trees, fish fresh from the waters, hunting....

But Heather is not fond of winters that last into May, and Masses can be a slog to find in the distant spots.

And we have roots here, and those matter, too.

However, I have to get back up there soon:









4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I have places as well that I need to get back to, from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of why I'd move to Goodland, Kansas the day after tomorrow if I could. My family came from out that way and I have to think that the thunderstorms out there would kick ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Yooper Land, and I am fond of it from what I have read about it! It deserves a song as grand as this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O8aEu_HgoE

    ReplyDelete
  4. My folks had a deer hunting cabin on Gould City Road. That looks like Tahquamenon Falls in the last photo. I also loved visiting the Big Springs and Pictured Rocks.

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...