Monday, August 09, 2021

Been under the weather for a week plus.

Cold symptoms. 

Mild, but persistent.

No fever or nagging coughs, thankfully. Really, apart from frequent-ish nose-blowing, it's been a very light malady.

I received the Pfizer shots back in April, so I am among the Fully Vaccinated.

In any year not ending in -20 or -21 I would wave it away as a very mild summer cold. And it still probably is? And yet, one of my middle son's Little League teammates came down with a mild case of corona two weeks ago.

In any event, I seem to be coming out from under it today, so good. 


1 comment:

  1. Part of me wonders if we'll ever know just how much of the wuflu issues were psycho-somatic panics. How much people's minds made them sicker than they needed to be - ya know? People love to bring up mass hysteria incidents. How much of this disease has been a mass hysteria event driven by the mass media?

    I doubt I'll live to see it, but I'm sure someday there will be a fascinating paper on it someday.

    Regardless welcome back, Dale! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...