Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Eddie Van Halen, Rest in Peace.

I saw VH (the Hagar version) in concert in 1988 at the Pontiac Silverdome (sic transit to a building that was great despite being mediocre in every way imaginable).

Fantastic show, and Eddie was a fantastic showman. 

Was. Hurts to type that.

Cancer:

His death was announced by his son, Wolf Van Halen, on Twitter.

"I can't believe I'm having to write this," the statement said, "but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning. He was the best father I could ever ask for. Every moment I've shared with him on and off stage was a gift."

3 comments:

  1. RIP, Eddie. I don't know if he invented shredding, but for many of us he was the first we heard, and is the standard by which all others are measured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you believe in forever,
    Then life is just a one night stand.
    If there's a rock n roll heaven...

    Then their guitarist has just shown up.

    RIP, Eddie.

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...