Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Glories of Toledo.

I had the privilege of meeting Jeffrey Smith, resident of and unofficial art and architectural historian for the city of Toledo, as well as being a world class raconteur and a noted blogger (I think he prefers it in that order). We grabbed dinner and he regaled me with stories about Toledo, history, and why he's a city boy these days.

It didn't take any arm-twisting at all, and he agreed to take myself and Jay on a tour of the world-class Toledo Museum of Art. The one down note--he's threatening (from my perspective) to put up a pro-Ohio Toledo War page on Facebook. No one's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...